Towards a perfect first impression
Listen to Jon Hammond, and follow his advice. You’ll make a much stronger first impression when you will appear on camera next time.
Some key take-aways
- It takes years to build a reputation and only a few seconds to ruin. First impressions really count!
- Your brand:
- What’s behind you?
- You are what you wear
- Invest in the right technology
- Working with the camera
- Are you talking to me? -> Find your camera !
- Talk to someone not something + practice
- Level: same as your eyes
- Hands: show these occasionally in the screen
- Gentle ‘lean in’ technique
- Using your voice
- Avoid monotone
- Make it interesting with modulation